Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo is here!

As November progresses, I hope to do at least one post a week to keep y'all updated on my novel, and to retain my sanity.  Hopefully, I will be able to do more quick, encouraging posts just in case there are any other NaNoers or Wrimos reading my blog!  :)


So I've set my word count goal to 90,000.  It was 90,000 last year.  I considered doing 100,000, but decided against it.  True, I feel like my writing skill has improved in the past year, but my school work has also increased.  And unfortunately, schoolwork does not magically disappear when November comes.  Soooo....yeah, 90,000 again.  My mom is being super nice and taking away my literature for the month so I can focus on NaNoWriMo, which she counts as an elective in project management.  (I already have four English credits, and I will be getting at LEAST two more, so she counts it as project management.)  Although, I still have to finish my literature, I just go a month into the summer to do so.  I don't mind.  I love literature, and NaNoWriMo is worth it.

ANYWAY, enough about me.  How bout some Ember Flame and Midnight Warrior updates?

Ember Flame is about to go through another round of editting.  There are a ton of typos, grammar, and writing issues throughout the entire book.  So I am going to get it editted and then re-publish it on Amazon afterwards.  We will also be adding a copyright page (hehe...kind of overlooked that last time.  Even though it IS technically copyrighted, it is always good to have a page saying so), a table of contents, and hopefully an excerpt from Hail Frost.  Pretty exciting stuff!

Midnight Warrior is on hold until NaNoWriMo is over.  I do plan to help keep it in mind throughout the month by doing a few posts on the characters and such from it.

If y'all could pray for me thoughout the month that would be awesome!  Last year, I did not (ahem) understand time management and I got behind on my school and wrote myself sick.  Literally.  I think I caught a mild case of the flu, and it was not going away because I would stay up late writing.  On top of that, I ended up doing school all summer because of my lack of foresight.  I am better at managing my time now, but I still struggle with procrastination so prayer would be awesome. 

Also, could y'all pray for my best friend Tori?  She is doing NaNoWriMo for the first time this year, and she is going for 50,500 words!  (Adults do at least 50,000)  She is two years younger than me, and she is also finishing up her first novel that she wrote over the past year using the One Year Adventure Novel.  (That will be TWO rough drafts of TWO different novels written in ONE year y'all!!!)  She's really talented and I don't want either of us to get discouraged throughout the month.

Thanks!  NaNoWriMo ahoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment