Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Update on...well, everything!

I feel like Inigo Montoya from Princess Bride right now...


"Let me explain!  ...No, there is too much. Let me sum up!"

So with that, let me sum up!

Writing has taken over my life.  I might not be able to ever write on my other blog again because writing is my life now.  (yes, yes, and schoolwork too, mom! :P )  It's sad.  Yeah, but I like this blog.

Ember Flame is being edited!  (happy dance)

I'm starting the 100 for 100 challenge tomorrow.  I'm attempting my first fanfiction.  Weird I know.  Wanna know what's weirder?  It's a Finnick/Annie background story from The Hunger Games.

I just saw your jaw drop.  I assure you, it is not a romance.  I'm writing because (a) it has been on my mind for awhile.  I mean seriously, Suzanne Collins left so many unanswered questions with that relationship.

Like...

If Annie is from District 4, that means she would have volunteered to go into the Hunger Games because she was a Career.

If she was a Career, that means she must have been trained her whole life to be a killer.

If she were a killer, then she wouldn't be so sweet and would not go mad when she watched her fellow tribute get killed.

And why the heck did the Capitol choose to just flood an arena?  Talk about anti-climactic.

So my manuscript will be explaining all of it!

And (b) I'm writing it because it might get my novels more publicity by having people read my fanfiction.

Yes, I am that low.  But hey, I'm honest!  And it will be good to practice writing in another person's style.

What else is going on in my life?  Oh yes.  I've been writing an epic TV script.  You can read about it in my "Still Round the Corner" page.

So there you have it!  Quick run-down of my life at the moment.  Hopefully, I'll have more interesting posts coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds cool, I look forward to reading it! And yes, writing in someone else's style is a WONDERFUL exercise! (And Collins left a TON of plot holes out there... so I'm glad someone is trying to fill them in!) I am up way too late... hence the exclamation marks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete