Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Update on Everything!

This is me updating my life.

I feel like if I don't write something about what I am doing I'm going to look back on these years twenty years from now and be all like, "Whaaat?"

Run on sentences aside, here is what is going on in my life...

I've begun my annual reading of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  Expect plenty of LOTR related posts.

I'm turning sixteen in a few days.  Tis quite frightening.  I'm so OLD now!

Been driving a TON!  North Carolina has this "log 60 hours" policy.  So I've been driving everywhere trying to get enough hours to get my license as soon as possible.

After that?  I plan on trying to get a job.  Me needs some cash!

Started looking at colleges and stuff.  I have the oddest feeling that I will probably end up at NC State.  They are one of the only colleges nearby that actually have a creative writing major.  I'd like to double major in English and creative writing.  And then maybe get a teaching license so I can teach English in a school.

It's spring break so I've been hanging with my awesome friends a lot.

The weather is FREEZING!  I mean, come on, it's almost APRIL!  We should be in the seventies by now!  I decided to be a rebel and wear shorts and T-shirts this whole week, hoping that maybe the weather would take a hint.  Did it work?  Nope.

Seriously looking forward to getting a summer tan.

Cleaning up the good ol' pink cave (my room for which this blog is named).  It's amazing the stuff you find while tackling such an endeavor!

My dog Charlie decided to eat wax yesterday.  That's all I will say on the matter.

EDITING EDITING EDITING 'Ember Flame' and 'Hail Frost.'

I'm sick of editing.

So yeah, that's my life right now.  I'm going to go read Fellowship of the Ring now.  (SQUEAL!)  I love those books so much...

7 comments:

  1. The high today is supposed to be 70... just in time for April for ya... though it looks like the weather's doing its own version of "April Fools" because it's going to drop the rest of the week back into the 50s... :) it's almost like being home in the midwest!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt so great today! Mom decided to call it a vacation day so I did not have to do any school. Instead, I went skeet shooting, took a nap, cleaned my room, and, of course, wrote. I feel like I had a fairly productive day! :P

      Delete
  2. By the by... there's this awesome (well, I'm sure it's going to be awesome) movie coming out at the beginning of May (3rd)... you may have heard of it... Iran Man 3.... (SQEAL!) if you need some cash... I could use a babysitter some weekend so we can go see it... :-D You have a free night that might work?!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm SO excited about Iron Man 3 I can hardly stand it! I'm sure I do have a free night, Saturdays are usually open. Don't know an exact day though...what would work for y'all? I could return your 'Shadows over Camelot' game to you then too. :P (Excellent game, by the way. Once we got the hang of it, my siblings LOVED it. I even coerced my sisters into speaking with 'thees' and 'thous' while we played. XD)

      Delete
  3. When's your birthday?!?!? 16!!! Cuh-razy! (In Illinois the year I started driving we had to log 25 hours... total pain. My siblings had to log 50 though, so I always felt like I got off easy! (but they didn't have to actually do a "driving" test... so I'm not sure who ended up getting the better end of the deal....)

    Yes, I do have better things to do than leave you a hundred comments... why do you ask? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April za fifth! :) It is CRAZY! I'm having a pretty epic party. It involves outdoor screens, Hobbit food, costumes, and a certain movie about an unexpected journey. ;)

      Oh, your siblings totally got off easier. The driving test is going to totally freak me out. How am I supposed to drive straight with some creepy person who is critiquing everything I do? I would rather log 200 hours than take the test!

      Me likey comments. Comments make me smile. :)

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the game! It does take a bit to figure out (any game that needs TWO instruction books is complicated in my opinion), but still fun.

    Sounds like you've got some fun birthday plans!

    Saturday the 4th or 11th would probably work, or the 25th - whichever works best for you. We're headed to Nashville the weekend of the 18th to hang out with my sis in the recording studio!!!! So that's the only thing we have planned for May thus far.

    I totally stressed over the driving test... I actually had to take it twice... (I backed over a curb the first time during a 2-point-turn and that's an automatic fail) and I think she only gave me my license after my second test because she didn't want to have to deal with me a third time. LOL I'm actually a really good driver, but when I feel like someone is "evaluating" me I tend to make ridiculous mistakes (for example, she told me to turn left, and I turned right... and had no idea I hadn't followed her directions correctly. I did that exactly twice during the second test) Her words, "I'm going to sign this, but we both know what you did out there. You seem to have some focus problems."

    ReplyDelete