Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Characters in Costume: Antagonists

This month's "characters in costume" challenge was on antagonists!  I had a lot of fun dressing up as a villain and it helped me see her in a different perspective.  So thank you Gillian Adams for hosting this!  It is a TON of fun and very helpful!  :)

Now, for da pictures... ( oh yeah, and SPOILERS for both 'Ember Flame' and 'Hail Frost.') 

Amidoa, sorceress and queen of the Myla-Sil islands and villain of both 'Ember Flame' and 'Hail Frost.'



Amidoa is an extremely proud and vain woman, utterly controlled by her need for power and greatness.  She is a Five, a race that was created to assist the Leverage in everything they might need.  Fives have unruly powers that typically only work when a Leverage is in danger.   When the Fives and Leverage abandoned one another, Amidoa attempted to harness her powers by turning to black arts and dark magic. 



With the help of the Pull and Lord Sicreet, Amidoa rose from a lowly Five girl to being the queen of Myla-Sil, one of the most powerful countries in the world.  All she had to do to keep her throne was one simple task: convert the Leverage or destroy them. 

Happy to oblige, Amidoa set about her work instantly.  She easily found control over Flake, Rime, and Snow Frost.  She then moved on to harder territory.  She managed convince Hail Frost that following the path Elethor had given him was pointless, and he must join the Pull or die.  Hail did join the Pull as an assassin, but his conscience continued to torment him so he drowned out his feelings in drinking.  As Amidoa tried to force Hail into giving up his power for the Pull, Hail, in a drunken rage, sliced off her right hand. 



Hail tore away from the grip the Pull had on him and tried to sew his life back together.  Amidoa, however, never tore away from her bitterness and thirst for revenge.  As a Five, she was able to cheat death five times.  On her fifth "life" Amidoa is confronted with the most difficult decision of her life.

Seek out her revenge on Hail and lose any love her young Leverage daughter might have for her, or relent and spend her last life trying to heal the wound her bitterness has sliced between her and Ash.  

(end SPOILERS)

As I said before, these characters in costume challenges are SO much fun!  Again, thank you Gillian for creating these challenges.  Special thanks to my little sissies for helping me put together my costume and for taking pictures!  Can't wait for next month!  :)

4 comments:

  1. So sorry it's taken me so long to stop by and see your pictures! I've been out of town for the past few days.

    Amidoa sounds like a truly fascinating villainess! The concept of Fives and being able to cheat death five times is fascinating.

    Lovely pictures! Did you make your dress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gillian! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    I did not make my dress. It is one that is completely order-able from Amazon! I love doing these challenges! They really help me get inside my characters' heads and think through their actions and motivations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress/pictures! It really helps me "see" Amidoa.

    Hey, I can't find the place where you commented about the King's Warrior eXtras idea... and I can't remember what all I was going to do for that post... LOL could you refresh my memory? Please? LOL

    Oh, I really need to figure out how to keep track of where I've commented, because I miss replies sometimes. I saw that I apparently drove you nuts on the whole "it's not really a prophecy" thing... ok, here's a few hints. It wasn't meant to be a prophecy, but a guide. It DOES have something to do with Kiernan Kane. No, there's no time machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, never mind, I found the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete