Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Interview with Ember...and other such awesomeness!

Hello everyone! Today, Ember decided she deserved her own blog post. Something about not getting enough attention, only being the hero for ONE book, always being underestimated, blah blah blah. After the interview, I have a very awesome announcement, so keep reading!

Kaycee: Well, you got your wish Ember. You are getting your very own blog post.

Ember: And about time, too!

Kaycee: Whatever. Okay, before we get off topic..what is your earliest memory?

Ember: What is this, therapy? I thought we were having an interview.

Kaycee: *sigh* It's just a question.

Ember: Fine. I don't really know. I have this recurring dream that I think is the night the Pull killed my parents and separated me and my siblings. But other than that...I remember playing pranks on the other woodcutters with Dray. We'd put termites in their huts or use charcoal to draw funny pictures on their walls. Good times, good times.

Kaycee: You're such a brat. Moving on. Who is your best friend and would you like to tell us about him?

Ember: Hail Frost is my best friend. I hated him at first, but after he quit slamming me into stone walls and after I quit sassing him, we got to like each other alright. He's grumpy, bossy, rude, and insubordinate.

Kaycee: Insubor...where did you even learn that word?

Ember: Caran. She says I'm insubordinate.

Kaycee: Well, at least I've invented one character that has some intelligence.

Ember: Excuse me?

Kaycee: Back to Hail. Why do you even like him? None of those adjectives seem very appealing.

Ember: He's not always grumpy. And he did make an effort to stop slamming me into walls. Seriously though, I like him because he loves Elethor. He's made mistakes, but he always tries to set things right. I know he would die to save those he loves, and even though that fact irritates me sometimes, I can respect that. I have trouble respecting.

Kaycee: Interesting. Your first real adventure involved meeting Hail and Caran. What did you learn by being around them?

Ember: Don't bother Hail when he's brooding mysteriously in the shadows, and don't eat Caran's food. She starts acting crazier than a fifth Five witch.

Kaycee: Emberrr, we had been doing so good! Can't you be seri...

Ember: Sheesh, I was kidding! Good grief. You authors are so touchy. On my adventure, I learned firsthand that Elethor truly does exist, and that he truly does love me. I don't have much experience with love of any sort. Elethor's love should be overwhelming for everybody, but it's especially so for me.

Kaycee: You mentioned the Fives earlier. Do you want to talk about some of the different species in Holdinus?

Ember: Species? You make it sound so...scientific. But, sure, whatever. I'm a Leverage, so I'm human just with powers that Elethor has given me to use for His purpose. The Fives look like humans too, except all of them have Leverage-esque powers. However, the powers do not work at will and typically only work when a Leverage is around. Fives also have another special power...but I'll leave the 'Hail Frost' novel to explain that. Then there are the Faeries. They are human sized, but they have wings and they can fly. And they have terrible fashion sense.

Kaycee: Look who's talking.

Ember: Shut up. Anyway, where was I? Oh right. Then there are regular humans. There are also ghost dragons and zombies, but I'm beginning to suspect both might be Pull mutations. And there are hydras, and dogs, and cats, and birds, and...

Kaycee: Yeah, that's enough. Okay, last question. If you could meet any fictional character ever, who would it be?

Ember: Oh, that's easy! I would want to meet Kamarie from Jenelle Schmidt's 'King's Warrior'! Oh! And Brant, and Oraeyn, and Yole, and Kiernan, and...

Kaycee: Let's not get carried away. Yeah, they're all pretty awesome, aren't they? But why would you like to meet Kamarie?

Ember: I think we'd get along. She sounds like fun, and maybe she could teach me how to ride Tor, her horse.

Kaycee: Oh yeah...you still don't know how to ride a horse...

Ember: *huffs* Yeah. It's a little embarrassing.

Kaycee: I will take that under consideration. Thanks for insisting upon agreeing to this interview.

Ember: It's been fun. We should do this more often. *gives Kaycee a meaningful glare. Smiles and waves at all the nice readers. Leaves*

Ember Flame everybody. *sighs* In that mess of an interview, she did say at least one reasonable thing.



The novel 'King's Warrior' by Jenelle Schmidt is an INCREDIBLE book. I highly recommend it. I hope to have a review posted soon, but I want to reread the novel first. Why? Well...

The prequel to 'King Warrior' is coming out!

I'm so excited!

The novel is titled 'Second Son' and you can find out more about it here. This novel will follow Brant, one of the main characters of 'King's Warrior'. It is going to be amazing and I cannot wait for it to be published. Meanwhile, I am occupying the time by particpating in the author's Cover Reveal/Book Release party!

If you would like to read more/buy King's Warrior, click on this link to Amazon.

If you would like to learn more about the author and her novels, click on this link to Jenelle Schmidt's website.

If you want to join the awesome Book Release party, click on this link to her blog.

And last but not least, if you would like to get to know Brant a bit better, click on this link to an interview with him. (Trust me, he's a much better interviewee than the ever-darling Ember)

Happy Friday, everyone! :)


5 comments:

  1. Yay! I love Ember... she's so feisty. :)

    I'll be including a link to your post on Monday! Thanks so much for participating in the Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, Ember! I agree with you, you should come back more. I'd love to read more interviews 8-D

    Kaycee, I found your blog through Jenelle's and I am glad I have! Your book looks SOOOO good! I have a list of books I buy and read and yours is on it now. I am so excited to get it. I've seen this kind of basic plot before, the one you used, but it hasn't ever sounded this interesting. Usually I skim the summeries and never consider reading them, but there is something about yours that sounds, just different enough to make it interesting. I am hoping to get it soon 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy 'Ember Flame' once you get it! :)

    Your 'Haphazardly Implausible' books sound awesome too! (Love the title, by the way!) I have just added them to my Pinterest wish list so I'll remember to buy them. I've never read a steampunk novel before, so I am definitely looking forward to them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Ember are a great pair!! ;-) Ember is a really fun character. She’s strong, but she has a caring. I think that’s one of the measures of true strength, to be strong yet kind.

    ““True courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one.”.”
    (I’m sure you know where that quote is from :)

    -
    Ruth Newton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ember said "Shut up." instead of "Shut."! Never thought I'd see the day... =P Thank you so much for writing books, Kaycee! I can't wait for Hail Frost to be published!

    Blessings,
    Mikayla

    ReplyDelete