I've been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much for nominating me, Adele! :)
Here are ze rules:
Eleven facts about me.... hmmm....
1. I don't get scared easily, but I am terrified of crabs. I hate the things. They are nasty, evil, disgusting creatures that I am almost positive came into existence after Adam and Eve ate that fruit. They are like slimy sea spiders. Ew.
2. I have two dachshunds named Derby and Charlie. I love them very much!
3. Elephants are my favorite animals. :)
4. I'm vegetarian. And it's not because I'm a PETA fan or anything. When I was two, I simply refused to eat any kind of meat, be it chicken nuggets or hamburgers or seafood.
5. I was put in therapy for the above reason when I was seven. My mom wanted to see if I actually had an aversion to meat, or if I was simply being stubborn. Yes, I am that stubborn, so her concerns were not unfounded.
6. 'Ember Flame' is basically a book filled with subtle (and not-so-subtle) sassy slights on other fictional works I have problems with. For example, a certain author I used to read had this thing about making his female characters either damsels in distress or have some sort of big "sin problem", and he always made his (male) heroes overly chivalrous and perfect. So I made Ember a sassy brat and did nothing to fix that, and I made Hail probably one of the most un-gentlemanly knights ever. Ha. Take that, famous author who will probably never read 'Ember Flame'! *smug smile*
7. I can be rather immature, as you might have surmised.
8. I'm okay with that though, because my favorite Mistborn quote is, "I've always been quite confident in my immaturity."
9. I love to babysit. I've been babysitting consistently ever since I was twelve. Unfortunately, school and *shudders* social events have made me have to really cut back on babysitting. There's only certain families I babysit now, and I get sad every time I see kids I used to babysit getting so big and grown-up.
10. Just realized I never told you how the vegetarian story ended. Turns out, I have overly sensitive senses, so meat seriously does upset me. I also can't play videogames very well, and certain sounds bother me more than they do normal people. I think I also have a depth-perception issue that comes from over sensitive eyesight, which made learning how to park a car really fun. :/ (Don't worry, I've got the hang of it now!)
11. When I'm in college, I want to study abroad in the UK. That would be epic.
So there's the eleven facts about me. Now onto the questions...
1. What are your goals for the future? Rate them from most important to least important!
Oh, gosh, this is tough. I want to write a screenplay that becomes a movie (that does well, mind you). I want to write and publish lots and lots of novels. I want to graduate college. I want to finish Hail Frost. I want to graduate high school. Aaaand, I want to go downstairs and finish my mocha frappe that I left on the counter.
2. Do you think you will be blogging 20 years from now?
As long as there are blogs, I shall be blogging! Where would the world be without my words of wisdom? (Check out that alliteration, people!)
I'm not quite sure where this came from, but I think I would enjoy turning myself invisible and making a map that tells me where people are in a building. That would be quite fun.
Poor but happy! (I'm a writer, so those adjectives are kinda in the job description...)
Lord of the Rings! But I am also quite enjoying Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
I climb a tree and jump on him, hoping he's a friendly purple pegasus!
I've never actually been to the hospital for any injuries, but one time my toe hurt all day because I knocked over a bottle of shampoo in the shower and it landed on my foot...
Why yes, I have indeed seen Frozen (an embarrassing number of times...)! My favorite song is probably 'For the First Time in Forever Reprise'. Speaking of songs and Frozen, I seriously wish Kristoff could have sung more. I know, I know, it would have been out of character, but wouldn't it be hilarious to see Anna and Kristoff sing a version of Love is An Open Door? Like, Anna is there singing her heart out, and Kristoff just sort of shakes his head, looking confused...
DOGS! DOGS! DOGS!
*puts on hipster glasses* Because writing a diary was too mainstream. I was blogging before it was cool.
I nominate... everyone reading this post! Be sure to link your blog in the comment section so I can go see your post! Or you could just answer the questions in the comments, if you like. :)
Now for my eleven questions...
1. Do you have any pet peeves? If so, what are they?
2. What book made you the angriest reading it? (It can be anger directed at a particularly evil character, or anger at an author for something, or anger because you disliked the book, etc.)
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
4. What is your favorite movie and why is it your favorite?
5. What do you think of social media?
6. Cake or ice cream?
7. Do you think it is better to dream big or to be realistic?
8. What was the last thing/joke/situation etc. that made you laugh so hard your side hurt?
9. What is your favorite weather?
10. What would be your ideal vacation?
11. If you could meet anybody in the world, who would you meet?
And there you have it folks! This was a lot of fun! :D