Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Just catchin' up

Hi everyone. I apologize for the lack of posts recently and also for the shortness of this post. I'm currently at the beach right now and I don't have much time, but I felt like I ought to catch up with y'all because you're awesome.

Sooo, yeah, how's it goin'? Life is pretty good for me. I'm at the beach and I'm tan so life is good.

I've currently been working on a short story for Rooglewood Press' new fairytale contest. Last year, they hosted the Five Glass Slippers contest which, even though I did not enter, I had a lot of fun watching. This year, it's a 'Beauty and the Beast' contest. When I saw that, I basically squealed, danced around the room a bit, then paced all over my house brainstorming for the next week. I'm having a lot of fun writing it so I encourage everyone to join in the fun! You can find out more about it HERE.

This next paragraph is for my good friend Miss Jenelle. I"M READING HARRY POTTER AND I READ THE FIRST THREE BOOKS IN TWO DAYS AND NOW I CAN'T STOP AND OHMYGOSH DUDLEY AND DRACO AND THE DURSLEYS NEED TO DIE AND I HAVE A WEIRD LIKING FOR SNAPE AND I DON'T KNOW WHY AND I LET MYSELF WATCH THE TRAILER FOR THE SORCERER'S STONE AND IT LOOKS SO GOOD BUT I'M NOT GOING TO WATCH THE MOVIES UNTIL I FINISH THE BOOKS BUT I NEED THE FOURTH BOOK ON MY KINDLE AND THE INTERNET IS BAD HERE HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Okay, I'm done. I think...

No wait.

Please oh please tell me they don't do the whole Ron barfing up slugs thing in the movie. I gagged reading that. Ew.

Now I'm done! Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Series 3 of Sherlock is on Netflix! *dances* And it also has some super cool behind-the-scenes stuff. *dances some more*

Hail Frost is going well. I just had this huge idea that is kinda changing the direction the story originally went, but it's way cooler now.

Aaaaand, I believe that is all! Hopefully, I'll have more time a bit later. I have a world-building post and a review coming up soon. Hope you all are doing well!


11 comments:

  1. I want to see Season 3 of Sherlock soon (come to think of it, I haven’t seen Season 2 either). :(

    Wifi at the beach giving you problems? :)

    -
    Ruth Newton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Season 3 is totally awesome! But you MUST watch Season 2 first. It's just as good! :)

      Haha, yeah, a bit. Blogger works fine, thank goodness, but every other website seems to be a bit dodgy. :)

      Delete
    2. Now I have seen Season 2 and most of Season 3! The scene with Sherlock wearing the disguise in the restaurant...:)

      -
      Ruth N.

      Delete
  2. :)

    Yeah, they do that scene in the movie... I generally don't watch that bit. LOL

    Oh... Snape...


    hahahahahaha


    Sherlock Season 3 is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Ew. I guess I won't watch that part. Ew.

    ...Is it bad to like Snape? It's the weird writer-y kind of like. I hate him for being so awful to Harry and co., and yet, it doesn't bother me as much as it does when, say, Draco picks on Harry. Ever since the end of Sorcerer's Stone, Snape has seemed like a strong character to me. :)

    Or maybe that's just my bizarre penchant for liking jerk characters talking. I don't know.

    IKR! My favorite episode ever is 'The Sign of Three'. That one just makes me so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the Sign of Three was epic. But, I think I enjoyed His Last Vow even more...

    I'm not saying another word about Snape. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster award!

    http://howlingevanescence.weebly.com/home/liebster-award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! I'm going to go write the post right now... :)

      Delete
  6. So glad you are loving Harry Potter and so glad you had an awesome time on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter is AMAZING. I'm almost done with the Half-Blood Prince. So far, I think my favorite book has been the Prisoner of Azkaban, but I also really liked the Order of the Phoenix. Hopefully, I'll do a blog post about them soon! :)

      The beach was so relaxing, but I'm glad to be back. :)

      Delete
  7. Beach, and here I am,, shivering in my bed room. Want to trade?

    I want your book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete