Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Liebster Award!



I've been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much for nominating me, Adele! :)

Here are ze rules:



Eleven facts about me.... hmmm....

1. I don't get scared easily, but I am terrified of crabs. I hate the things. They are nasty, evil, disgusting creatures that I am almost positive came into existence after Adam and Eve ate that fruit. They are like slimy sea spiders. Ew.

2. I have two dachshunds named Derby and Charlie. I love them very much!

3. Elephants are my favorite animals. :)

4. I'm vegetarian. And it's not because I'm a PETA fan or anything. When I was two, I simply refused to eat any kind of meat, be it chicken nuggets or hamburgers or seafood.

5. I was put in therapy for the above reason when I was seven. My mom wanted to see if I actually had an aversion to meat, or if I was simply being stubborn. Yes, I am that stubborn, so her concerns were not unfounded.

6. 'Ember Flame' is basically a book filled with subtle (and not-so-subtle) sassy slights on other fictional works I have problems with. For example, a certain author I used to read had this thing about making his female characters either damsels in distress or have some sort of big "sin problem", and he always made his (male) heroes overly chivalrous and perfect. So I made Ember a sassy brat and did nothing to fix that, and I made Hail probably one of the most un-gentlemanly knights ever. Ha. Take that, famous author who will probably never read 'Ember Flame'! *smug smile*

7. I can be rather immature, as you might have surmised.

8. I'm okay with that though, because my favorite Mistborn quote is, "I've always been quite confident in my immaturity."

9. I love to babysit. I've been babysitting consistently ever since I was twelve. Unfortunately, school and *shudders* social events have made me have to really cut back on babysitting. There's only certain families I babysit now, and I get sad every time I see kids I used to babysit getting so big and grown-up.

10. Just realized I never told you how the vegetarian story ended. Turns out, I have overly sensitive senses, so meat seriously does upset me. I also can't play videogames very well, and certain sounds bother me more than they do normal people. I think I also have a depth-perception issue that comes from over sensitive eyesight, which made learning how to park a car really fun. :/ (Don't worry, I've got the hang of it now!)

11. When I'm in college, I want to study abroad in the UK. That would be epic.

So there's the eleven facts about me. Now onto the questions...

1. What are your goals for the future? Rate them from most important to least important!
Oh, gosh, this is tough. I want to write a screenplay that becomes a movie (that does well, mind you). I want to write and publish lots and lots of novels. I want to graduate college. I want to finish Hail Frost. I want to graduate high school. Aaaand, I want to go downstairs and finish my mocha frappe that I left on the counter.

2. Do you think you will be blogging 20 years from now?

As long as there are blogs, I shall be blogging! Where would the world be without my words of wisdom? (Check out that alliteration, people!)

3. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?

I'm not quite sure where this came from, but I think I would enjoy turning myself invisible and making a map that tells me where people are in a building. That would be quite fun.

4. Would you rather be poor but happy, or be rich but sad?

Poor but happy! (I'm a writer, so those adjectives are kinda in the job description...)

5. What is your favorite book in the whole world at this moment?

Lord of the Rings! But I am also quite enjoying Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

6. THINK FAST! THERE'S A PURPLE PEGASUS FLYING TOWARDS YOU. WHAT DO YOU DO?

I climb a tree and jump on him, hoping he's a friendly purple pegasus!

7. What is the dumbest injury you have received?

I've never actually been to the hospital for any injuries, but one time my toe hurt all day because I knocked over a bottle of shampoo in the shower and it landed on my foot...

8. Have you ever watched Frozen? If you have, what is your favorite song from that movie?

Why yes, I have indeed seen Frozen (an embarrassing number of times...)! My favorite song is probably 'For the First Time in Forever Reprise'. Speaking of songs and Frozen, I seriously wish Kristoff could have sung more. I know,  I know, it would have been out of character, but wouldn't it be hilarious to see Anna and Kristoff sing a version of Love is An Open Door? Like, Anna is there singing her heart out, and Kristoff just sort of shakes his head, looking confused...

9. Cats or dogs?

DOGS! DOGS! DOGS!

10. Favorite sport?

Tennis!

11. Why did you start blogging?

*puts on hipster glasses* Because writing a diary was too mainstream. I was blogging before it was cool. 

I nominate... everyone reading this post! Be sure to link your blog in the comment section so I can go see your post! Or you could just answer the questions in the comments, if you like. :)

Now for my eleven questions...

1. Do you have any pet peeves? If so, what are they?

2. What book made you the angriest reading it? (It can be anger directed at a particularly evil character, or anger at an author for something, or anger because you disliked the book, etc.)

3. What is your favorite childhood memory?

4. What is your favorite movie and why is it your favorite?

5. What do you think of social media?

6. Cake or ice cream?

7. Do you think it is better to dream big or to be realistic?

8. What was the last thing/joke/situation etc. that made you laugh so hard your side hurt?

9. What is your favorite weather?

10. What would be your ideal vacation?

11. If you could meet anybody in the world, who would you meet?

And there you have it folks! This was a lot of fun! :D


9 comments:

  1. My blog is private, so I'll just answer your 11 questions here ;)

    1. Do you have any pet peeves? If so, what are they?
    Every time someone makes a movie based off of a book and makes it totally different from the book. Don't judge a book by it's movie!

    2. What book made you the angriest reading it? (It can be anger directed at a particularly evil character, or anger at an author for something, or anger because you disliked the book, etc.)
    All the Nancy Drew series. Because in almost every book, she or Ned got kidnapped. Gosh, in all 50 original books, you think she would have learned not to stalk the criminal.

    3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
    Playing with my big brother. I had so much fun getting tied up (not kidding) and then surprising him by getting out of it. Plus every time we turned the sandbox into a mud pit, I had some of the most fun ever.

    4. What is your favorite movie and why is it your favorite?
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier, because Captain America is awesome. Need I say more?

    5. What do you think of social media?
    I don't actually know. I don't pay attention to it, so I don't know what I think of it =P

    6. Cake or ice cream?
    I would say ice cream, but as I'm allergic to milk, cake!

    7. Do you think it is better to dream big or to be realistic?
    Dream big! You can only accomplish as much as you try to, so why not try to do big things?

    8. What was the last thing/joke/situation etc. that made you laugh so hard your side hurt?

    Well, this is a bit strange, but last month at my grandma's house, my mom and I were going to the store. I had just put on my shorts (which had just come out of the laundry) and was just about to get in the car when my little sister's underwear fell out of my shorts! I guess that had gotten mixed up in the laundry. I grabbed them, and just kind of looked at them. I was a bit surprised to find them in my shorts. My mom started laughing and said, "You aren't taking them with us! Go put them in the house!" We all had a good laugh over it.

    9. What is your favorite weather?

    Sun and heat. Maybe with a warm breeze. Anytime when I can get sunburned, I'm happy.
    10. What would be your ideal vacation?

    A vacation to Hawaii! Because I love beaches and sun and surfing.

    11. If you could meet anybody in the world, who would you meet?

    I think I would like to meet any one of the actors from Once Upon a Time. Just because the show is soooooooo good.

    So that was fun. Thanks Kaycee!

    ~Mikayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, the story about the shorts was hilarious!!! I have had similar experiences, let me tell you.

      I can't wait for the Winter Soldier to come out! That is one of my favorite Marvel movies!

      Ah yes. Repetitiveness in stories is rather annoying. I had the same problem with the Elsie Dinsmore books. :)

      Delete
  2. I did the rest of the post earlier, but I shall answer your questions, because I like them :)

    1. Do you have any pet peeves? If so, what are they?
    Misused apostrophes. Yes, I am an English nerd... but you should know that by now.

    2. What book made you the angriest reading it? (It can be anger directed at a particularly evil character, or anger at an author for something, or anger because you disliked the book, etc.)
    Probably "House of Hades" by Rick Riordan... because of a specific thing in that book, I now feel that I can no longer recommend any of his books. The absolute inappropriateness of including the particular issue he included in a YA book is unforgivable.

    3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
    Oh, far too many to name here... playing make-believe with my brothers and cousins, watching my brothers' baseball games, going to the lake with my family, being on a boat with my family, the week in Minnesota when my dad read the last few chapters of my book out loud to my family for the first time, hiking into the woods in the snow and making hot chocolate over a tiny camp stove and pretending we were Ernest Shackleton and company...

    4. What is your favorite movie and why is it your favorite?
    The Princess Bride - because no movie has ever come close to comparing in quotability, witty humor, lovable characters, or sword-fight scenes.

    5. What do you think of social media?
    Time-consuming. Unfortunately, a necessary evil for aspiring authors. A blessing from heaven for keeping in touch with family who lives much too far away.

    6. Cake or ice cream?
    Brownies!

    7. Do you think it is better to dream big or to be realistic?
    Well, realistically, nothing extraordinary ever happened that didn't start with a big dream.

    8. What was the last thing/joke/situation etc. that made you laugh so hard your side hurt?
    The video on facebook about How Animals Eat.

    9. What is your favorite weather?
    Either thunderstorms or snowstorms... I'm a big fan of wind, precipitation, and cold!

    10. What would be your ideal vacation?
    Hiking in the mountains of Alaska.

    11. If you could meet anybody in the world, who would you meet?
    I'm an introvert... I prefer hanging out with people I already know. Meeting new people is painful. But if I HAD to choose... probably Jeremy Clarkson... because he's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes. Nico Di Angelo. I was seriously ticked as well. Suffice it to say, Rick Riordan has a nice, special place in number 6 of my facts about me. It didn't even fit with Nico's character AT ALL!

      "You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you." "You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die." :P

      Delete
  3. Yay, someone else whose favorite song from Frozen is the "First Time in Forever Reprise!" (virtual high-five) :)

    That's very interesting that you've been a vegetarian from such a young age.

    Question: Particular reasons you want to study in the UK? (I've wanted to go to England for a long time :)
    -
    Ruth Newton :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (returns virtual high-five) Yeah man! I wish there had been more songs with both Elsa and Anna singing together.

      I think I would genuinely enjoy the culture, and there are so many historical sites I would just LOVE to visit! Plus, tea is probably the most heavenly thing this world has to offer, so I really should go to the UK sometime... :D

      Delete
  4. Kaycee, I nominated you for the scribbler award! http://mary.burroughstribe.com/2014/07/30/the-scribbler-award/

    ReplyDelete