Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

For the First Time in Frozen... Not

This post was created from boredom and snarkiness. It serves no real purpose and only exists because I was sick of reading and re-reading various ways of greeting someone in Spanish. You have been warned. This post is mostly to satisfy the Disnerd inside of me that gets irritated when I hear people say certain things about Frozen.

"There was a handsome villain for the first time in Frozen!"



Not.



"Frozen was the first Disney movie to show how girls really wake up!"



Not.



"Frozen was the first to have a love interest that was not the typical 'prince charming' handsome."



Not.



"Okay, okay, but it was the first Disney PRINCESS movie to do that!"



Umm... how about not.



"Frozen was the first Disney movie about sisters!"



Not.



"Frozen was the first Disney movie that had both the hero and the villain sing in the same song."



Not.



"Frozen was the first movie to include a song about self-freedom and finding yourself!"



Not.



"Elsa was the first Disney princess to show no interest in getting married."



Not.



"Kristoff was the first prince to actually ask permission before kissing the princess."



Well... actually that might be the first. Unless this counts.

"You must KISS me." "Excuse me?!?!"

"Elsa was the first Disney princess to become a queen."



Not.



"Frozen is the first Disney movie to show that the first guy you fall for might not be Prince Charming."



Not.



"Kristoff is the first blond Disney 'prince' in the Disney princess franchise."



Not.



"Anna is the first clumsy princess."



Not.



"That was just because she had never walked before!"



Still not.



And finally...
"Frozen is the first Disney movie to teach girls that they don't need a man to save them!"
NOT


So Frozen might not be as original as it at first seems. However, the beauty of Frozen is that it has all of this in ONE movie, and it's a movie that is enjoyable and not preachy. Personally, I think nearly all Disney movies have some aspect of beauty and truth in them. They all speak to the viewers in different ways. That's why I love Disney.

So what's your favorite Disney movie? Did I miss any"not the first" Frozen tidbits? :)

10 comments:

  1. I think Tiana would be a better example of "Disney Princess not wanting to get married," as Merida is actually a Pixar Princess (I know Disney had a hand in the production of the movie, but I count it as more Pixar than Disney).

    Splitting hairs. I know.

    Rapunzel was a bit klutzy, too. :) :)

    Ooh, ooh, I've got one... Frozen is the first Disney Princess movie that takes place almost entirely in the snow! :) hahahaha (I didn't say it's the first one to feature snow... so you can't say Mulan has snow as a comeback, because that's just one scene). Sorry, this post seemed like a challenge and I couldn't resist! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiana... and Belle and Mulan and Jasmine and even Ariel. She just wanted to be human. Eric was only the push she needed to finally do it. I said Merida because she was the first to pop into my head, and even though she's Pixar, she's in the franchise. She had a fancy smancy coronation in Disney Land and everything.

      I love Rapunzel! I wish I could have fit her in here. I guess I could have done 'Frozen was the first movie to have the prince have to be bribed to join the plot' and used Eugene as the NOT.

      Hmm... I think you got me there! Alright, Frozen is the first Disney Princess movie that takes place almost entirely in the snow! XD

      Delete
  2. My favorite Disney movie was Sleeping Beauty for YEARS. And it's pretty hard to displace a favorite in my heart. But Tangled definitely knocked it into second. I love Frozen, but I'm still not sure if it tops Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast. Though it definitely is up there with the best music (I actually like the music in Tangled more, but Frozen is definitely up there in second place music-wise).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. There's always that one Disney movie that just holds so many memories and feelings. For me, it's Beauty and the Beast. I don't think anything will ever top that. I liked Frozen, but I like Princess and the Frog and Aladdin better. I might like it more than Tangled, but I think it's closer to being a tie between the two of them. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is so accurate. I have seen so many people say that frozen was the first disney movie to do this or that, when it isn’t. But I do agree that it is cool how Frozen put all of that into one movie.I actually didn’t catch that Belle and Gaston are in the same song. :)
    My favorite is probably Tangled or Beauty and the Beast. I really, really like Frozen and Brave, though.

    Gloria Newton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Tangled! I've seen that movie countless times and it never gets old! One of my favorite Disney songs, I See The Light, is in Tangled. And then there's Eugene. Eugene is awesome.

      Brave is quite good too. It was interesting seeing Pixar's take on the Disney princess franchise. I liked Merida a lot... especially her hair! :)

      Delete
  4. Derek says it's the first Disney Princess movie in which both parents are shown in the movie, and then both are killed off. (Unless you subscribe to the "they're not really dead" theory). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! I was about to say "Tarzan!" but then I was like, "Oh yeah... Tarzan's not a Disney princess...lol..." XD

      Delete
  5. Fun post! These are all so true! Did it take you a long time to find them all?

    -
    Ruth Newton :)

    ReplyDelete