Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

You know your life is sad when the most exciting thing you can name that happened in the past week is the fact that you scored 98 on a college statistics test you were sure you were going to flunk.

Though you gotta admit, that is pretty awesome. 

I haven't been blogging much, and I really shouldn't be right now. I should probably be catching up on some much needed sleep, but I wanted to do something. So this is me... doing something... I did have an idea....

Oh yeah! I thought I'd compare the five main Hail Frost characters to Disney characters based on looks and personality!

(Obviously I'm functioning on an overdose of coffee and peanut butter, can you tell?)

Hail Frost would be...




Eric from the Little Mermaid! Eric looks just like a cartoon Hail, and they have some similar personality traits. They both like headstrong redheads, fluffy pets, and brooding in the dark. Oh, and both have been under a spell from an evil magical monarch. "That voice... I can't get it out of my head..."

Ember Flame would be...



Merida from Brave! And no... I totally did not pick Merida because of her hair. But seriously, they are similar. They are both stubborn to a fault, both like to have their own way, and both prefer to make the rules rather than follow the guidelines. Neither gives in to the pressure to become something they are not. "I'd rather DIE than be like you!"

Flake Frost would be...



Elsa from Frozen! Okay, okay, I know this one is a complete stretch! Not an obvious choice at all! But besides from both being blonde and having an affinity for braids (and...uh... ice powers), they struggle with the same fear; that of ruining the lives of their families. They keep questionable secrets in an attempt to protect those they love. "No, I'm just trying to protect you..."

Valin would be...



Flynn Rider from Tangled!... minus the hidden kindness and adorableness. Valin is a roguish, rascally young man with a twisted path who suddenly finds himself with enormous power he never expected. Unlike dear Eugene though, he would rather have power than love... "I've got dreams like you, no really, just much less touchy feely..."

And finally...

Dray Thorne would be...



Naveen from The Princess and the Frog! Naveen is quick-witted, suave, and manipulative, and Dray is too. Both love to crack jokes, often at others' expense, and both learn that sacrificing for love is far more redemptive than any amount of parties or fun. "What we want, what we need, it is all the same thing, yes?"

Well, that was fun! I'd be interested to see what Disney characters are like all of YOUR characters, so if you do a blog post like this, please tell me! Hopefully next time I'll be able to tell you a bit about my Beauty and the Beast short story. That should be fun!

7 comments:

  1. This post made my day :) congrats on the awesome score on the exam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 98! Huzzah!

    That's a fun idea, comparing one's characters to Disney characters. I'm trying to think of comparisons, but nothing comes to mind immediately. Instead of watching Disney, I've been reading books on WW2 espionage. That's where I get my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WW2 espionage? Okay, that's epic!

    I couldn't think of anything immediately either. Some of them are kind of a stretch (cough, Eric and Flynn, cough), but it was still a fun little exercise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! Super fun... it may take me a while to come up with my own... but I shall try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I was rather hoping you would do one! XD

      Delete
  5. This is so fun! Based on what I’ve read in Ember Flame, Flake and Elsa are really close! I’m super excited to read Flake Frost when it comes out :)
    -
    Ruth Newton

    ReplyDelete