Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Writing and College and Movies and Life and Excuses!

I have a mental image in my mind of myself in a pointed hat trundling up a path on a wagon, and you are all standing there with your arms crossed. You glare at me for a moment, then in an affected arrogant tone, you say "You're late."

My reply: "A teenager is never late. Nor is she... oh... hehe... he...erm..." *flees*

I am sorry for my long absence. It seems I not only underestimated college classes, but I also overestimated my resolve to post more often. The last semester was insane. But you do not want to hear my excuses! Please accept my apology, and rest assured that I will do better. I think I've got this college thing figured out. 

Oh! Speaking of college! I was accepted into my first choice of college- NC State! I am incredibly excited about starting in August. I've been wearing lots of red and black recently. 

As far as my writing goes, I entered my Beauty and the Beast short story into Rooglewood's contest. I'm pretty nervous. I do wish mine would be selected, but if it is not, I'm sure the Five Enchanted Roses collection will be amazing. I can't wait for it to come out!

Hail Frost is now my primary focus. I feel like I owe all of you an in-depth update, so here it is! 

I wrote Hail Frost two and a half years ago, when I was fifteen. At that point, I had intended the Leverage Series to be a seven book series. Since then I have now realized that is a terrible idea. Not only would it be wrong for the story, but it also would be wrong with me. I have many, many different story ideas, and I don't want to write seven Leverage books. I cut it down from a seven book series to a trilogy. I completely changed nearly everything about the story after Ember Flame, creating the need to completely rewrite both Hail Frost and what was formerly called Flake Frost (It now has a new name). 

The story is much better now. Much more concise, much more exciting, and far more interesting. I am excited to share it with all of you, but that is the reason it was not published in 2014 as I had truly hoped it would be. Now, I'm hoping for May-July 2015. 

On a more fun note, I went to see Disney's 'Into the Woods' today. It was completely excellent! I loved it! I intend to write a review on it soon. 

I am considering going to see Annie. I'm not sure yet. Many reviewers did not like it, but I suspect many of them to be fans of the original Annie. Personally, I never liked any of the other Annie movies, and the trailers for the new one caught my attention, especially this portrayal of Annie. She seems so much more real and so much less obnoxious. I don't know. I will see it, but I don't know if I will see it in theaters or not. 

I will not be seeing The Hobbit 3 in theaters. I will make myself watch it though, once it comes out. After all, I can't write a review unless I see it. >:)

Ahem. My angst aside, I have some pretty fun blog posts coming up! Oh, and I am also starting this new deal where I tell you what my next blog post is going to be AND when it will be coming out. Accountability, eh? 

On Friday I will share an interview I conducted with my two sisters in which we discussed the different aspects of the Harry Potter series. There will be spoilers because Pippin (10) has lots of opinions. That trait totally does not run in my family. And I totally did not get that gene. Cough.

Anyway, I am very happy to be back! Next time I disappear, feel free to yell at me. I'l crawl back from whatever cave of textbooks I have hidden myself inside and post! Thanks for reading. I love y'all! *hugs*

10 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back! But I totally get the fact that you have been busy - my older brother started early college classes (basically college through high-school) last year and has been insanely busy since. I can't wait to read Hail Frost... keep up the good work!

    ~Mikayla L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad to be blogging again. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, you are right to flee. Because do you know what I would do?
    I'd wave a hand and say: "Ah, it's all right. College and all that. Understandable."

    Congratulations on getting into your first choice college! (Red! A world about to dawn! Black! The night that ends at last!)

    Glad to see you again, best of luck on your coming projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! ^_^

      Oh, and thanks for getting "Red and Black" stuck in my head. It is a considerable improvement over "Brand New Best Friend" from the Phineas and Ferb movie. :P

      Delete
  3. Welcome back!

    The final Hobbit movie was completely excellent. No, it wasn't exactly like the book... but I really don't even care, that's how marvelous I thought it was. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked The Hobbit. Who knows, maybe it'll surprise me. :)

      Delete
  4. HAIL FROSTS BOOK! I'm excited!!

    Welcome back. I have missed your posts...not that I've been around much.

    If you see Annie you should review it. Because I want to see it, but I'm not sure about it. It looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to finish it! Hail Frost is my favorite book in the trilogy, so it has a special place in my heart. Maybe that's why I'm such a perfectionist about it...

      Thanks! I am so ready to get back into the blogging world. If a flood of comments from me hits your blog, please don't be alarmed. :P

      Delete
  5. I was pleasantly surprised with how the Hobbit movie was wrapped up. Although I still am not going to endorse the title. There and Back Again would have been much better than its current title :)
    Congrats on getting accepted to NC State!!! Isn't getting ready for college so exciting (and scary)!
    The Flake Frost book got a name change!! I suppose you're going to keep us all in suspense about what the new title is (sigh of resignation)
    -
    Ruth N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! I have been waiting for news of Hail Frost. Honestly, I read Ember Flame and for a while I couldn't stand it, the sarcasm made it very difficult for me to stay. But the plot of the story and the potential of the characters forced me to persevere. When I finished the book I couldn't stop thinking about it, in fact, I had originally bought just the Kindle version. But after thinking about it for a bit I bought a hard copy as well. I could see growth in the story, and I had faith that you, the author, were growing in your story writing capabilities as much as the characters were growing up. And now, I can't wait for the next one!

    http://alivemasterpiece.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete