Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Of Copycats and Pinterest



I'm so excited about Five Enchanted Roses. I am still completely astounded and humbled by the fact that Esprit de la Rose gets to be in such an amazing collection. I wanted to share a quick blog post concerning Esprit and then I'll return 'The Pink Cave' to it's regularly scheduled programming. (I rolled my eyes at myself as I typed that last sentence. YES, there will actually be a "programming". I promise.)

I'm gonna be a copycat and share the Pinterest board I created for Esprit de la Rose. Whenever I felt a writer's block coming on whilst writing Esprit, I would scurry my little self over to Pinterest and find some super cool images for inspiration. Feel free to check 'em out!


Follow Kaycee's board Esprit de la Rose on Pinterest.

How am I being a copycat? Well, several of the other amazing authors of Five Enchanted Roses have already posted their Pinterest boards for their stories. I read through their blog posts and boards going "Wow! This is so cool! I can't wait! Wow!" and then I was like "Oh derp. I have one of these too. I should share it!" Sooo since their posts and boards were epic, I'm going to share the links down below so you can go check those out too.

Jenelle Schmidt: Stone Curse Images

Hayden Wand: The Wulver's Rose Images

Savannah Jezowski: Wither Images

Dorian Tsukioka: Rosara and the Jungle King Post

Like I said, completely epic.

Okay, so quick, random question for y'all. I have a hobby of studying the various Myers-Briggs types. I was thinking of doing an in-depth blog post of each type and comparing them to popular characters, tropes, and cliches. Is that cool with ya, or is it a bit over-the-top nerdy? :)

Y'all are awesome! Happy Wednesday! (It is Wednesday, right? I had a 7:30 Spanish test this morning. I'm super groggy right now! XD )

20 comments:

  1. I think doing a in-depth post about the different Myers-Briggs type is a cool idea for blog posts. I think the whole Myers-Briggs personility type thing is pretty cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love studying personalities, especially via Myers-Briggs. Is there a type (or types) you would particularly like to hear about? :)

      Delete
    2. Well, I am a ENTJ, and my older sister is a ISTJ, so either one of those would be nice. But then I have seven younger siblings, each of them with a different personality type. So any would be great! :D

      Delete
    3. Oh cool! Thanks for telling me. We have very close types. I'm an INTJ. :)

      Seven younger siblings?? That's awesome! I'm getting really excited about this idea. Definitely going to do it! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I would be interested in your Meyers-Briggs posts... I'm a nerd, too! :) Yay for copying good marketing ideas! I had seen Savannah's, which gave me the idea (I created my board sort of after-the-fact) but somehow missed the others, thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I LOVE your board and I already really really really wanted to read your story, like RIGHT NOW, but now I am even MORE excited to read Esprit de la Rose (and I love your title, by the way, I don't know if I've told you that), but AHHHH mermaids and ships and YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ^_^

      Your board is completely perfect! I can't wait for Five Enchanted Roses to be released!

      I'm definitely going to do the Myers-Briggs idea. I'm getting really excited about it. Out of curiosity, what type are you? I'd like to see if there are multiple people with a certain type(s), because then I will be certain to pay extra close attention to those.

      Delete
    2. Um... I'm an introvert. I have taken multiple tests of this type and depending on my mood at the time I'm taking the test, I get the results of either ISTJ, ISFJ, INFJ, INTJ, INFJ, ISTP, ISFP, INFP, INTP - we had to take the actual test in college, and we got our very in-depth detailed results and I scored 81% Introvert, and either 51% or 49% on every single other letter.

      The two scores I get most often are INFJ and INFP.

      Of course, if I'm feeling bored and cooped up, every now and then I might even get a result that says I'm extraverted... which cannot be accurate.

      I think what I'm trying to say is that I'm not a good example. I tend to defy categorization.

      Delete
    3. That's pretty interesting! My sister's a bit like that, except she is the opposite of you. She gets SFP all the time, but she switches between E and I. She's not really an extrovert or an introvert, which seems crazy, but she never seems to be tired after being around people, and she never gets bored or annoyed after being alone. I might do a special blog post for "equal" people and characters. I can already think of several well-written characters that don't have a definite type. ^_^

      Delete
  4. I agree with Janelle 100%. The moment I read the description of your story, I wanted to read it right then and there! Thanks also for mentioning us all in your post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to read Wither, as well! I really enjoyed your board. You found some awesome fan art for Disney's Beauty and the Beast, along with other cool images. Wither is going to be an AMAZING read!

      Delete
  5. All those lovely ship pictures...

    I would like a post on personality types, actually. They interest me, and wonder if they help when creating characters.
    Don't worry. Nerdiness, over the top or otherwise, is for the most part fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've always loved pirate stories. It was fun to write one after not for so many years!

      Cool! Thanks for letting me know! Is there any particular type you would be interested in knowing about? :)

      Delete
    2. Anything, really, anything. Although it would be interesting to look into the 'explorers' group (ISTP, ISFP, ESTP, ESFP), or the 'sentinels' group (ISTJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ESFJ).

      Especially the sentinels, silent and sure, keeping watch in the night...(I can't help it!)

      Delete
    3. Awesome! Thanks for your input. I'm trying trying to decide what order I should do them in. I want to also give myself time to do more research on the types I don't know as well. :)

      Les Mis songs are addictive, are they not? XD

      Delete
  6. So excited for Esprit. ^.^ Ships and sailing and pirates and mermaids are some of my favoritest things, so I can't wait!!

    I would love a post on MBTI types. I'm (slightly) obsessed with them, and love seeing what others think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Those are some of my favorite things as well! Treasure Island and Swiss Family Robinson were my favorite books in elementary school. I blame them for my preoccupation with all things pirate-y. XD

      Awesome! Is there a certain type or types you would like to know about? :)

      Delete
  7. Any of them! I've done some research on a few of the types for my own characters, but there's still so much out there! I would love learning about any of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, thanks! I'm looking forward to blogging about them! ^_^

      Delete
  8. Ooh personality types. I have tried the Enneagram and the 16 personality tests. I have to say that I am addicted. I am also now testing Chakra and other stuff.

    ReplyDelete