Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The 777 Challenge!

I've been tagged by Savannah Jezowski in the 777 challenge! The rules are: The 777 challenge requires you go to Page 7 of your work-in-progress, scroll down to Line 7 and share the next 7 lines in a blog post. Once you have done this, you can tag 7 other bloggers to do the same with their work-in-progress.

I am currently working on Esprit de la Rose and Hail Frost. The seven lines from Esprit are a bit awkward, since they begin in the middle of a description. Nevertheless, I will follow the rules!

***

But worst of all were the throbbing black hearts visible through the blueness of their skin and clothes. Everything about them felt rotten.

The creatures grabbed at the bars and shook them, gnashing their teeth at Cecilia. Some shoved William forward, jostling him towards the door.

"Get it open! She's in my omen!"
"And in mine! I want her first!"
"Come here, girl. I'm finally going to be free!"

***

And now for Hail Frost!

***

Grel looked exactly how it had when she had left- a smoking hole in the ground. Perhaps the ash had settled a bit more, shading the trees and the charred remains of huts in an old, untouchable aura. The boughs of nearby trees were closer, creeping back, trying to reclaim the little circle of gray as part of the forest again. The wood appeared cloaked and misty in the fog that hung over the land like a veil, as if trying to shield the ground from the humiliation of meeting a human gaze. Or shield humans from seeing the deathly ex-town. Ember couldn't decide which.

“Quite a cheery place,” Klina remarked, blowing soot out of her curls.

“You should have seen it in it's heyday,” Ember said dryly. Though her chapped lips protested, she forced herself to smirk.

***

There you go! Be sure to check out Savannah Jezowski's post. Her excerpt was awesome! You can read it HERE.

I'm sorry for not posting the Myers-Briggs post. My life has been incredibly hectic recently, particularly on the college front. I mentioned this awhile back, but I was accepted into the college that I have been longing to attend ever since I was fifteen (NC STATE!!!). I'm very excited about going in August, but I've been kept busy attending various meetings, applying for housing, writing for scholarships, and naturally, battling senioritis. I'm not saying this as an excuse, but because y'all deserve to know why I've been missing. :)

As for tagging... I tag everyone who reads this and has not done the challenge yet! Please link to your posts in the comment section. I'd love to read your excerpts!

10 comments:

  1. I love the excerpts! Mine's posting on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to read yours!

      Delete
  2. That must be a description of the Fee. They sound like they should live in Grel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fee most certainly should live in Grel. They'd probably be happy there. XD

      Delete
  3. Your selection was terribly intriguing!! It makes me what to know so much more, especially about the throbbing black hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your writing. I want more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ I'm so ready to finish editing Esprit so I can focus on Hail Frost again. Ember and Hail have become grumpy at being shoved out of the spotlight of my mind. XD

      Delete
  5. I did this, here is my post. :)
    http://mary.burroughstribe.com/2015/04/03/the-777-challenge/

    I love your experts, I can't wait until Hail Frost comes out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely brilliant! And your blog is awesome. I can't wait to read more!

      Delete