Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Dream Not Imagined

Do you know what today is? Today is exciting. Why?



Because it's the first day of A Dream Not Imagined's blog tour, of course!

About the Author



Shantelle Mary Hannu was born in the mountainous west, spending her golden childhood years there. Since then, she has relocated time and again with her parents and seven siblings, making cherished memories in both the South and Central United States.

A Christian homeschool graduate, Shantelle has a passion for writing and all things books. From a young age she’s been penning tales with a hope of sharing with the world adventurous and soul-stirring stories that bring glory to God.

A Dream Not Imagined, a fairytale novella, is her first published book. She’s currently preparing a full-length fantasy novel for publication as well, and working on its sequel.Shantelle blogs at A Writer’s Heart: http://shantellemaryh.blogspot.com/ about her stories, favorite books and movies (with reviews), healthy wheat-free recipes, and hosts fellow authors, among other things.

A Dream Not Imagined by Shantelle Mary Hannu



A MAID, a PRINCE, and a DUKE. A GARDENER, a STEPMOTHER, and a secret...

Ellie Abbington, a beautiful yet unassuming young woman, quietly longs for her life to change. Too privileged to associate with the servants—too underprivileged to associate with her own family; she dreams a dream of a prince and a happily ever after.

But it could be that her own stepsisters, conniving Dezmarie and easily-influenced Adelaide, are dreaming the same dream...of the same prince.

In the end, are dreams even all they're made out to be? Especially with deep and long-hidden secrets about to be unearthed?


Author Interview

I had the privilege of interviewing Shantelle for the blog tour! Enjoy!

Kaycee: What is A Dream Not Imagined about?

Shantelle: A Dream Not Imagined is a subtle, non-magical retelling of the classic fairytale, Cinderella. It follows the life and high hopes of a maid named Ellie Abbington.

Kaycee: What inspired A Dream Not Imagined?

Shantelle: I love fairytale retellings, so I had toyed with the idea of writing a Cinderella one for a while. Then author Anne Elisabeth Stengl put on a writing contest, where the stories had to be retelling of Cinderella. I was like, “Yay, let’s go!” I just started writing and the story came. From where . . . I’m not sure. *Shrug* I have lots of stories just floating around in my head.

Kaycee: Haha, I know the feeling. What impact do you hope A Dream Not Imagined will have upon readers?

Shantelle: I hope it will be one of those warm, happy kind of stories for readers in the end. But I also would hope that it has a feel of meaning and profoundness—and leave them with the thought that God has a plan and a future for them.

Kaycee: That sounds amazing! Do you have any other writing projects planned?

Shantelle: Yes! I have piles of story ideas just waiting to be finished! ;D I’m actually polishing and preparing a fantasy novel for publishing at this time. And I started writing its sequel . . . which I should be working on more often . . . *sheepish face*

Kaycee: Awesome! Where can readers find and purchase A Dream Not Imagined?

Shantelle: I published A Dream Not Imagined through KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing), so you can find it on Amazon.com. Later on, I hope to put it in other e-book formats as well, such as Nook and whatnot.

Kaycee: Thank you so much for the interview! Readers, you can find A Dream Not Imagined on Kindle HERE

But that's not all folks! Here's a chance to win a free Kindle copy of A Dream Not Imagined AND an Amazon gift card!

Click HERE to find the giveaway and to learn more about A Dream Not Imagined, the blog tour, and the amazing author herself!

Congratulations on publishing A Dream Not Imagined, Shantelle! I can't wait to read it! ^_^

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for being part of the A Dream Not Imagined blog tour, and for the lovely interview, Kaycee!! ^__^ It was such fun!!

    I hope you will enjoy my novella if you read it someday! :)

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me join in the fun! I can't wait to read A Dream Not Imagined and I'm sure I'll absolutely love it! ^_^

      Delete
    2. Your welcome! Aww, I hope you do!! :) :)

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this interview! Thanks, guys! ^_^ Blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy A Dream Not Imagined! I'm very excited about reading it! :D

      Delete