Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Ring Around the Rose: Of Dragons

Time for the third week of Ring Around the Rose!



How would you go about talking a dragon out of eating you, especially if no weapons were available?


Y'all, I tried to think of something witty and clever to write in response to this. I really did. I considered discussing the various types of dragons found commonly in literature and how I would approach each of them. I considered writing a parody of the Bilbo/Smaug confrontation (from the BOOK). Heck, I considered writing an Alice in Wonderland-esque epic about the unknown sub-plot in Beowulf, the one where I took on Grendel's aunt's ex-husband.

But...

I've been nannying everyday for months, the stress regarding Esprit has turned me into a grunting thug, I had to take the ACT yesterday just cuz I'm homeschooled, crazy college stuff, AND I have the pleasure of being forced into an anesthetic sleep while a doctor cuts into my gums to remove FOUR wisdom teeth tomorrow.


So, all in all...

I would dash some paprika on myself...



probably eat some bizarre food for flavoring...



And then ask if his stomach has sound-proof lining and a nice corner to curl up in and hyperventilate.



LOL

(But seriously though...)

What about you? How would you go about talking a dragon out of eating you, especially if you did not have any weapons available? Tell me in the comments or, better yet, go write your own blog post and post the link in the comments! Feel free to use the banner!

Thanks to everyone who participated in last week's question! If you'd like to learn about some awesome characters and their stories, check out the links below!

Savannah at Savannah Jay's Workshop
Jenelle at Jenelle Schmidt
Dorian at Dorian Writes
Hayden at Story Girl
Heidi at Along the Brandywine
Grace at A Live Masterpiece

Be sure to check out Savannah's blog tomorrow to find out how she would take on the dragon!

11 comments:

  1. You're hilarious! Sometimes I feel that way, too. Praying that the wisdom teeth surgery goes smoothly for ya and recovery is quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finally lucid! Thanks so much for praying! Everything went well. I just look like a chipmunk now. Or one of those guys from Wall-E. :)

      Delete
  2. At least the anesthetic sleep should be restful. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty good system to avoid becoming a dragon's lunch. I find coughing and sneezing every other second helps too.

    Wisdom teeth surgery, eegh. I know what that's like. I hope you have plenty of cold smoothies on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh, I like that idea! XD

      I've had a lot of chocolate pudding. I'm getting rather spoiled, actually. I like it. XD

      Delete
  4. haha! I love your idea. If I'm ever faced with an irritable dragon and my ideas don't work, I may try yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very much looking forward to reading your ideas on besting the dragon! :D

      Delete
  5. Ha! This post made me smile.

    My method for escaping death-by-dragon http://alivemasterpiece.blogspot.com/2015/06/ring-around-rose-of-dragons.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious post! I actually read it when you first posted and have been periodically grinning about it all through the week. :)

    Here's my link: http://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2015/06/ring-around-rose-week-3-dragon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad it's entertaining! Thanks! ^_^

      Delete