Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Five Enchanted Roses: Launch Day!

It's finally here!

I am so excited and so pleased to share that Five Enchanted Roses releases today!



I am literally shaking with excitement.

Like, it's hard-to-write-a-paragraph-shaking because even my eyeballs seem to be shaking so I can't read properly.

So! Since I clearly am not going to be profound today... how about some info?

What exactly is in Five Enchanted Roses?



Well, the collection starts off with my retelling, Esprit de la Rose. To learn more about it along with an awesome giveaway, go check out Anne Elisabeth Stengl's blog post HERE.



Wither by Savannah Jezowski follows, which introduces the world to the most eerily attractive Beast ever. Attractive as in, character/personality-attractive. Although... the pale skin and eye thing is pretty boss too... I'm just going to shut up now, shall I? It also has an epic story, a fascinating fantasy world, and plenty of immersive dialogue, but the characters are truly the Thing that makes the story soar into the heights of awesomeness. Corwin and Lilybet are so compelling I would not mind reading an entire novel of them doing nothing but shop for groceries. And seeing as Wither is far more interesting than grocery shopping, it makes for one incredible read.



Then comes Stone Curse by Jenelle Schmidt! Well, since I already dashed any reader expectations of profundity with my above paragraph, I'll go ahead and say that Stone Curse has the CUTEST PAIRING EVERRR!!!! OTP. Definitely my OTP of the collection. On a more serious note, Stone Curse manages to twist and turn the tale of Beauty and the Beast at every angle, from the plot, to the characters, to the motivation, to the themes, that it is astounding the tale is as readable as it is. It tricks you into thinking the original Beauty and the Beast tale had it all wrong, and Stone Curse is the correct version. The characters are amazing, and the fantasy world is simultaneously vibrant and comfortable.



Rosara and the Jungle King by Dorian Tsukioka! Of all of the stories, this is the one that, to me, felt least like a Beauty and the Beast story, and yet, it seemed the most "fairy tale" in the telling. The plot was very decisive; there was nothing vague left to the reader's interpretation. Like a fairy tale, it had a moral that seemed fairly obvious at first, but grows deeper and more complex with the more thought that is put into it. I loved this story, with it's zany characters, unique setting, and dire stakes. I need a prequel. And a sequel. In fact, I need an entire Rosara series. Now.



And finally, The Wulver's Rose by Hayden Wand. This story technically stays truest to the original tale while simultaneously filling in the gaps where the original is lacking. I say 'technically' because the genius of The Wulver's Rose lies in the fact that the focus of the story was changed from the original. Instead of being a story that centers on two characters, it draws in the added depth and emotion that a family always brings. I knew the ending to Beauty and Beast's story in The Wulver's Rose, but I did not know the fate of the families involved, which kept the mystery and plot compelling. The writing style is beautiful, bringing to mind the diction of Austen and Thackeray.

It's a pretty darn awesome collection, if I do say so myself. Be sure to take a peek at it on Amazon HERE.

AND, you are all officially invited to the Five Enchanted Roses launch party tonight! It starts at 7:00pm eastern time on Facebook. Check it out HERE!

Don't forget to check out Anne Elisabeth's blog every day this week! Each day, she's interviewing one of the my fellow authoresses. Trust me, you won't want to miss out on the chance to learn more about them and their stories! http://anneelisabethstengl.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your support! I hope you have as much fun reading Five Enchanted Roses as I did working on my little piece of it. ^_^






3 comments:

  1. I just finished reading your interview on Anne Elisabeth Stengl's blog. (applause for you!)
    This collection looks delightfully delicious, I'd love to devour the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I cannot WAIT to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kaycee, for your kind words about my story. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!!

    ReplyDelete