Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Bedtime Movie Tag

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to be blogging again! Hayden Wand did a very fun post on her blog and I thought it was a good way to revive my poor little dead blog.

1. A movie that kept you up all night.



Marathoning all of the Star Wars movies is literally the best thing ever. These movies seriously are some of the greatest films ever created. Oh, and by "Star Wars movies", I mean the original trilogy. Don't bother with the horrid fanfiction that is the prequel trilogy.

2. A movie that made you scared to sleep.



The Sixth Sense. Okay, for the record, I wasn't scared. This movie is just fascinating and thought-provoking. And yeah, so maybe it did make me a little nervous, but I wasn't scared.

3. A movie that made you go sleep.



To my utmost shame... The Princess Bride. I know, I know, falling asleep during this movie should be inconceivable. In my defense, I was eleven years old, I watched it for the first time at the end of a friend's birthday party and I was tired, AND her parents kept fast-forwarding scenes so the movie didn't make any sense to me. So... I fell asleep.

4. A movie that left you tossing and turning all night in anticipation for its release.



I was so excited for The Hunger Games that I stayed up nearly all night chatting with my friends online. I was not disappointed.

5. A movie that has your dream boyfriend/girlfriend ship of two movies.



I don't like crossover ships, but Crimson Peak has two of my favorite actors of all time playing love interests- Tom Hiddlston and Mia Wasikowski. Soo... Loki and Alice? Yes? No? Maybe? Have I completely lost my mind?

6. A movie that would be your worst nightmare to live in.



The Hobbit movies, hands down. It would be like living in a land that is so close to being paradise, and yet, everything has been distorted and twisted to fit the machinations of a money-hungry tyrant drunk on his own legacy. It would be fake and I would/do hate it.

7. A movie that reminds you of nighttime.



Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Most of the main plot twists take place at night, stars and darkness play significant roles in the tone and setting, the theme of pure, joyful light fighting back the void of depression... everything about this movie is so gorgeous and so ethereal. I love it.

8. A movie that has a nightmarish cliffhanger.



Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. The entire movie had been a fun, adventurous romp... until the very end when it twists your gut into sadness and then makes you question everything because you are insanely glad to see the villain from the first movie again.

9. A movie you actually dreamed about.



Lord of the Rings. When I was twelve, I had this extremely vivid dream that went through the entire LOTR trilogy, and I got to live through it. I was very disappointed when I woke up.

10. A movie monster you wouldn't want to find under your bed.



A minion from Minions. Because I am so sick of seeing them EVERYWHERE.

If you would like to write your Bedtime Movie post, then consider yourself tagged!


3 comments:

  1. My brother wants to do a Star Wars marathon soon as this new one comes out. I'm joining him so long as 95% of the prequels are eliminated from it.

    I envy you for your Lord of the Rings dream. Were you a character, or just a viewer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can NOT wait for the new movie! I hope it's good!

    I was multiple characters! I think I was Eowyn and Sam for most of it. They were my favorites at the time. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must not mention the Star Wars prequels. *shudders* So many plot holes. So much CGI. And some bad acting.

    But nice costumes. I'll give them that.

    I *do* like the Hobbit movies, though. They're no where as good as the Lord of the Rings, but I still enjoyed them.

    Haha, I am SO TIRED of minions everywhere. I loved them when the first movie came out, but they've been so over-commercialized.

    ReplyDelete