Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Meet the Skull White Crew

This is just a quick post to introduce you all to the main actors in my new little pirate adventure. There's not going to be much description, just a picture, a name, and maybe a brief sentence. I might also say what role he/she would be in the original fairy tale version of the story, as long as it is not a spoiler.

David



The hero of the novel. He's haunted by his past (quite literally, actually) and copes by putting all of his energy into his plot for revenge. He takes the place of the Prince character from Snow White and the Prince character from The Little Mermaid.

Ginger Hood



Sassy know-it-all, jaded piratess (her word, not mine), and basically the embodiment of perfection (again, her word, not mine... though I do think she's pretty great). She is Red from Red Riding Hood and Rose Red from Snow White and Rose Red.

Chastity Jones



She's Snow White. Except, you know, she's slowly and painfully sacrificing herself to protect her mother from certain death at the hands of both her father and the Fee. No biggie. She's really weird, but David likes her. ;)

Lupe



An overly dramatic and amorous pirate, Lupe doesn't share his real name, doesn't talk about his past, and seems to have his own mission altogether... Lupe is the Wolf character from Red Riding Hood.

Philip Jacobson aka "Surgeon"



Esprit Pepin dubbed him Surgeon and Surgeon he has stayed. Most people don't bother to recall that his real name is Philip, and most people don't bother to find out why he is so obsessed with killing Fee... He is one of the Seven Dwarf characters, and I'll let you guess which Disney dwarf he's based on.

Pepin-Rene Marc Daviau



Professional dirtbag. He is the King from Twelve Dancing Princesses.

The Silver Fee



Yep, she's back and is a main character. She DOES take the place of a fairy tale character, but it's a spoiler. So... yeah, I'm sure you are all just ecstatic that she's back. I actually like her though. (GASP)

And finally... The Dark Fee



Girlish, vindictive, cruel, and condemning, she always leaves her victims feeling thoroughly creeped out and mildly disturbed. When she leaves them alive and/or human anyway. She takes the place of the Evil Queen from Snow White and Ursula from the Disney version of The Little Mermaid.

So there you go! I'll probably do more in-depth character posts whenever I find the time to do so. For now, I just hope you found it fairly interesting. I'm so excited about this novel!

So. How is NaNo going for you peeps? Or, if you're not doing NaNo, how is your writing? :D

9 comments:

  1. So exciting! I love getting glimpses into your process and a bit of a back-page pass!

    Yeah... writing is not going so well here. Hoping to get back into editing this week and finish Yorien's Hand.

    Hoping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Please don't stress over Yorien's Hand. You have so many people eagerly awaiting the release, but you know what? we'll all still be here eagerly awaiting it after you finish readjusting to your life. So please don't let it stress you! Yorien's Hand is going to be such a pleasure to read, it should be a pleasure to write and edit too.

      Delete
    2. Awww. Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds amazing, and I'm eager to see how it comes along!
    I like how you named the characters so that we know who they are, and yet the names are still original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of fun naming the characters. That was probably my favorite part of outlining Skull White! ^_^

      Delete
  3. I want to read this book so badly now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH YOUR CHARACTERS ARE AWESOME!!!!!! (gasp, gasp, gasp)
    Now that I've gotten my breath back: I really want to read this book, about... hmm... now. ;)

    My stories are going well. I have a more-or-less creepy one that I'm writing at the moment, and I haven't decided if I like it or not. I've temporarily dropped my other stories, but I came up with a lot of plot twists. I'm actually keeping the creepy one because my writing style is changing (it develops like a weed, I swear! I didn't write for most of my life, and I have to edit my stories so often that I think I should have started sooner!) and it's the newest, best written so far.

    I. Want. Your. Stories. ;) I think I'm going to buy myself Ember Flame as a Christmas present...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm having so much fun writing it. :)

      Ohhh, creepy stories are awesome! That is amazing that your writing is developing! I've found that writing is a subject that can never be fully learned. I think the fact that writing styles and techniques are constantly changing and adapting within you is one of the greater aspects of being a writer. I think it also shows determination and commitment on the part of the author, so congratulations! ^_^ Best of luck to you on your story!

      Aww, thanks! Hail Frost is coming along, slowly but surely. Talk about writing changes... the writing style of Hail Frost is going to be very different from Ember Flame, though I have tried not to make it too obvious a discrepancy.

      Delete