Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2016

City Project: Many Meetings

Look, I try to make this blog a place where I am completely honest. So here's some brutal honesty for you- I always skip the Many Meetings chapter when reading Lord of the Rings. Yeah, go ahead and send the fantasy police after me, my fellow psychotic nerds. You might want to send the SWAT team as well when I say that I skip it not because I'm a culture-less slob incapable of grasping the full majesty of LOTR, but because it is boring. Call me a blaspheming heathen, but I'd rather read about Balrogs than the reminiscences of Gloin the dwarf and Frodo's struggle to sit on a pillowed chair.

That said, I'm in no place to judge Tolkien for the inclusion of the chapter. Sometimes, meetings are necessary to move the plot along, divulge some exposition, or simply to make the protagonist sit still for five minutes. Regardless, reading about meetings is just the worst.

...

Guess what you're about to do! >:)

After turning in my application for City Project,



surviving the interview,



and then getting approved,



I had to attend many meetings!



Oh, and I had to raise support!



That's it. I'm done with this post. I'm not actually going to write about the meetings, ew. I just felt like trolling people and posting gifs.

You're welcome.

You know, if Many Meetings was just a nerdy rant and then a bunch of obnoxious gifs, maybe I wouldn't skip it. Mr. Tolkien could have learned so much from me*.

*This is called sarcasm, my fellow psychotic nerds. Put away your pitchforks and torches. :)

Dear Supporters,

I cannot thank you enough for being so ready and willing to support me both financially and prayerfully. During the aforementioned meetings, the staff taught us how to write support letters, then how to call people, then how to conduct face-to-face meetings with possible supporters. Now, all of this sounded like tasks Satan would give to his minions in the pits of hell, but I prayed and asked God for strength- steeling myself for the inevitable awkwardness of having to (gasp) use a phone as a phone and then to (cowers) actually talk to a human irl. But it never came. God's grace and mercy and generosity and love was so evident in all of you; I never had to make a single phone call. The immense gratitude I have towards you for being so quick to respond might seem a bit stupid, and you're right, it is, but I would be remiss not to at least mention it. Thank you for allowing God to work through you, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience City Project, where, trust me, I had to learn to interact with humans. Lots and lots of humans.

But that's another blog post. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. This was such an awesome post XD. And phones + talking to human beans IRL is terrifying *nods*. Yes, do post about it! I want to read it :D.

    ReplyDelete